Whether you're newly diagnosed or have been living with diabetes for a long time, there are many instances where the pharmacist can help you. Here are some common examples:
- Learn why keeping your blood sugar "at target" is so important and how lifestyle choices affect your diabetes,
- Learn how to choose or use the equipment to test your blood sugar
- Learn how to ease any discomfort you may have when finger-sticking
- Learn how to use your insulin or insulin pen
- Learn how to protect your skin and feet
- Learn why it's important to have good dental care and eye examinations
- Learn how to manage your medication(s) if you're going on vacation ….and more!
How To Use A Blood Glucose Meter - Video
Medical Arts Pharmacist, Suzie Pilon, shows how easy it is to use a blood glucose meter to test your sugar levels.